Corn Bhel: Nutritious and healthy gluten free!
Try this easy corn bhel it use to be my mother in law’s favourite recipe and my children love it! It’s easy to make and you can use fresh corn or grind the frozen or canned corn is a mixer making sure that some corn are still left whole.
- 1 cup grated corn
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste and chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Coriander/Parsley to decorate
- 1 teaspoon oil ¼ teaspoon mustard seed 4 -5 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil and add mustards and curry leaves.
- Add grated corn and stir on the flame for 5 to 7 minutes when the corn will be reduce to half the consistency.
- Add milk slowly and keep stirring till the paste leaves the pan. (Be very careful as this paste might splutter so keep on low heat.)
- Add the chilli, ginger, turmeric, sugar and coriander.
Let me know how it tastes.