- This event has passed.
Indian Cookery Experience
May 5 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm120£
Indian Cookery Experience
Come and enjoy the Indian cookery experience of traditional Thali. This Indian cookery experience is for those food lovers who really love a feast and are keen to learn lots of dishes. When we cook the dishes for Thali we pay utmost importance to ensure that our food is nourishing and has protein, fibre, and greens. Usually a thali is vegetarian, meat free and plant based meal.
Different types of Thali
Thali is a metal plate where all dishes are served in small bowls or sometimes in a compartmental dish like above. Typical dishes in a Thali would include rice, dal, vegetables, roti, papads, curds, pickles and chutneys. Traditionally Thali meals are all served together, so starters, mains and desserts are all served in the same dish rather then having a three course meal. As main meals are served during the lunch time Thali is usually eaten in the afternoon or during the special festivals or wedding occasions. For more information about thali please visit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thali.
We will be preparing some of the following dishes listed below:
- Onion Pakoras are easy to make and irresistible.
- Dal Makhni which is a popular dish of Punjab made with lentils
- Indian Bread (Roti) These delicious warm Indian bread are just warn and delicious to eat.
- Jeera Rice in butter The fluffy rice made out of basmati rice and tips on how to make it perfectly every time.
- Paneer Peas Masala: Paneer and Peas Masala is unreservedly the dish you will make again and again.
- Bombay Aloo Sabji Resturant style Bomaby Aloo (Potatoes) easy to make and delicious with all adults and children!
- Indian Style Salad known as Cachumber
- Apple Pickle: Easy to make and goes with every meal!
- Shrikand Dessert
All the above dishes are my favourite and whenever I have cooked these dishes for my family or guests it has never stopped people saying,” Wow! this food is delicious”.
I will be sharing my traditional cookery skills and stories with you. This class is popular so please book in advance.
- Hands on cooking
- All ingredients are included
- Recipe booklet and enjoy a sit down meal of the food you have cooked!
You will have great fun and it’s a must class for those who love a complete meal which includes fibre, carbs and protein.
Cost is only £120.00
Tuesday 10.00 am to 3.00 pm
This class is longer than usual class as we will be cooking a three course meal.
To book this course call Sheela on 07971951402