What are the Essential Kitchen Equipment Must You Take To University
Many students will be going to university next week and thinking what do I need to take with me? Going to university can be exciting but stressful particularly when it comes to packing your stuff as its so difficult to decide what to take and what to leave behind. You might be tempted to take the whole kitchen including the kitchen sink! You might feel anxious that you will forget to take something important. Whatever happens don’t worry you can always go buy anything you have forgotten as there are shops nearby who can cater for all your needs.
I have created a list that I think you might need for your Kitchen as essential items. Remember that you will have very limited space and only one shelf in the fridge and one kitchen cupboard shelf to put all your essential things. What you need will also depend on whether you are living in self catering or fully catered hall. You might not need a wok if you don’t cook, or if you are a toast and bean person so what you take will also depend on your personal choice.
- Check what items are already provided by University most unis will provide the basics like microwaves kettles, toasters etc.
- If you are sharing you might end up with the same appliance in one kitchen.
- Don’t buy expensive things, remember you will be sharing and it be get used and left to rot/rust.
- Remember you are not going somewhere remote so wait and see what others have already got before you go and buy.
- Bowls Plates
- Mugs and Glasses
- Saucepan and milk pan
- Sharp Knife
- Baking tray
- Tea towels
- Dish clothes
- Tin opener
- Bottle openers and cork screw
- Cling film
- Plastic tubs
- Plastic bags
Uni towns have shops and you can always go and buy but I feel that when you are new and want to settle down its one extra thing to do when you have just arrived.
Basic ingredients or edible items that you might need
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta sauces
- Herbs & spices
This is of course not a fully comprehensive list you might decide you might need something that is not in the list. Please do let us know what you think is essential